It’s probably obvious that we love candy for many reasons. Well, that’s because it brings excitement and joy to our lives in a variety of ways. It’s delicious, fun to eat and it’s a great gift to share with loved ones. Not to mention, it is the subject of a lot of popular movie scenes.
So, that is why we decided to write this blog. We wanted to remind you of the best movie quotes about candy.
Brace yourselves, folks! This list might take you right down memory lane.
1. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
“Come with me and you’ll see a world of pure imagination…”-Willy Wonka
- This is the golden ticket of family movies. It brings the magical world of candy to life and is absolutely irresistible. Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory portrays what most kids’ dreams are made of. Yes, we are referring to the chocolate river.
*Editor’s Note: Why don’t we have a chocolate river in our factory? *
The movie teaches an incredibly important lesson about the value of hard work. Willy Wonka said it best, “We are the music makers and we are the dreamer of the dreams.” Yes, Willy Wonka, we are.
2. The Goonies (1985)
“Lookit! I got an idea. Why don’t we just put chocolate all over the floor and let Chunk eat his way through?” –Mouth
- We get it…it’s not ideal to think about eating chocolate off the ground. But let’s put this into perspective. If you were trapped and eating chocolate was your only way out, would you even question it? Probably not. It’s okay…neither would we!
3. Forest Gump (1994)
“Hello. My name’s Forrest. Forrest Gump. You want a chocolate? I could eat about a million and a half of these. My momma always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”-Forrest Gump
- Okay, this may not be the first movie you think of when it comes to candy in movies. But, how can you resist this opening scene. Life is definitely like a box of chocolates and we thank Forrest Gump for making that apparent.
4. Elf (2003)
“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.”-Buddy the Elf
- Although this is a Christmas movie, there is no denying how often candy is mentioned. It’s probably because elves depend on tasty treats to survive. How can we resist loving something that includes places like “the Candy Cane forest,” or the “sea of swirly twirly gum drops”?
We like to think that if elves lived here in Pennsylvania, they’d probably be our best customers.
5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
“I think it’s from all those dog-gone cocoa beans. Hey, by the way, did you guys know that chocolate contains a property that triggers the release of endorphins? Gives on the feeling of being in love.” – Willy Wonka
- Yes, we started the list with a quote from Mr. Wonka and we are ending the list with a quote from him, too. Let’s think about this… eating chocolate can give us the same feeling as being in love?! We will take 500 boxes then.